Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fixing my eyes on God...

This week has been filled with lessons about what it means to fix my eyes not on myself, but on God. My car was in an accident this week with my friend at the wheel. He is fine, but the car is not. When I think about how I could have reacted and how I actually did react, I know that God was fully present.

Rather than be mad, God reminded me of how He takes these incidents to show more of Himself to me and how He is working on the character of my friends and family. He did not cause the accident, but through it, He has orchestrated those of us involved to be together in it, for the sake of further growth in ourselves. 

Every time I fix my eyes on myself, I get scared, don't know what to do, and start to wonder why I'm in this situation. Graciously, though, God always nudges me to look at Him, to remember how He is faithful and how He has always provided for me.

So I will continue to fix my eyes on Him, because He reminds me of my rightful place and that at the end of the day, it's just a car. What's most important is that my friend is fine, we all learn from this experience, and that we become more the people we were intended to be. If all of that happens, then all the headache, hardships, and frustrations of dealing with the insurance company and figuring out finances is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment