Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Infectious leadership...

Today, I had some good conversation with two of my students who are going into second year. They were some of the best first years I have seen. They were involved with our community, gave themselves to their peers, and even tried to make friends with people who were older than them.

We came together today to hang out and to share thoughts on how KCF would be like for the next year. I told them about my idea to have 10 non-believers consistently study Scripture with us this year. We're hoping to have about 5 small groups, so that would be 2 non-believers per group.

This idea started in Bangladesh debrief for me. I felt God stretching me and wanting to challenge my students to do the same. Like I mentioned in a previous post, when I told my student leaders about this, they were on board with the idea and were excited.

I shared the same story and idea today to these two small group leaders and they were excited as well. And they believe that it is very possible. One of them even said that it's good that the leadership team is on board, because if they are, it will become infectious and everyone will want to be a part of it.

So infectious leadership. That's what I'm going for this year. My hope is that I and my student leaders will encounter Jesus in a deeper way than they ever have. And that is the hope that we have for our fellowship as well, that they will be able to get that sense, that vibe, from us and want to follow along.

It's going to be an exciting ride and I really cannot wait to witness and share the stories of what God does through our community this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment