Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Do the Math Challenge, Day 3...

Breakfast: 1 package of apple and cinnamon oatmeal
Lunch: leftovers of rice, beans, and corn, toast with caramelized onions
Dinner: tuna casserole (tuna, rice, corn, peas, cream of mushroom soup), mashed potatoes, 1 granola bar

The hunger pains have lessened today. I am learning to deal with them more. The food has also felt more filling, probably because 2 meals included rice.

I woke up late today and had oatmeal at around 11, which was helpful. I found that waking up late delayed my hunger, so I wonder if this is a strategy that people use if they are unable to eat. They stay in bed later or delay getting up so that their bodies don't use as much energy.

Anyway, the big temptation today was not to eat anything I baked. I made butterscotch brownies for my small group tonight and really wanted to eat a piece. Instead, I am saving it for dinner tomorrow, when I break my diet to join with my students as we eat after large group.

The other temptation was wanting to order a drink when I had 2 meetings at coffeeshops. Instead, I order a tea, which was on the list of things I am allowed to eat. I really craved a hot chocolate or a London fog.

Dinner was actually pretty amazing. The tuna casserole was delicious and it was satisfying. My housemate had invited some of her students over for dinner and 3 of them showed up to eat with us. It was fun to talk about some of our strategies for getting through the weak, the meals we liked and disliked, and what we're going to to do about it once it's all done.

It did feel encouraging to know that we have similar feelings, that macaroni and cheese is not good for you and is not filling, that there are many versatile uses for tomato soup and cream of mushroom soup, and that rice is the most filling ingredient we received in our bag.

I am excited to break this diet tomorrow. Only 2 more meals to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment