Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Lent Challenge...

I rarely participate in the season of Lent, but this year, I was challenged by my pastor in Hamilton to participate in a joint church activity. He challenged us to meet with 3 different people each week: 1 person from our church, 1 friend, and 1 other person who we could pick.

It's exciting to me to have this opportunity, but it also feels hard. It's part of my job to meet with people, so in order to participate in this challenge, I need to meet with people in addition to what I normally do. There are some people who come to mind, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder whether that person wants to talk to me. 

So, I've learned that instead of thinking about it, I just need to do it. It's good to meet with people and get to know them in a deeper way and in a context that is different than the one we're used to. It will be fun to see what happens in the next 6 weeks since I long to build stronger community in Hamilton.

No comments:

Post a Comment