Sunday, March 13, 2011

Tis the Season...

It's just one of those seasons of my life, where I know a lot of people who are in hospitals and who aren't doing well physically. I feel like my part-time job could be hospital visits and seeing friends who have loved ones in the hospital. It's making life busy, but it's also giving me opportunities to care for people in ways I never have before.

I am thankful that my schedule allows me to do ministry but also care well for friends. There aren't many jobs that let individuals do that. I'm not locked in to the regular 9-5, but I make my own schedule and in this season, it's extremely helpful.

I'm asking God to show me why so many people in my life are sick right now, but I know that I am growing in sympathy for those who are suffering. It's also challenging me to be family for those who might not have their family close by, which is part of what it means to be in God's Kingdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment