Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Great Story...

On vacation, I was reading a book by Donald Miller called A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. This book documents his life as he was writing the screenplay to his much more famous book, Blue Like Jazz. As he was writing his life into a movie, he realized how boring it had become. He reflects on life and what makes a story great and captivating.

This made me think a lot about the story of my life and the stories of those around me. What would our life story look like if it was made into a movie? Would is be a hit at the box office? Would it put audiences to sleep? Would it be so boring that no one would ever want to make a movie out of it?

Reading this book has made me think about ministry and the stories I want my students to tell. I want them to live a life so incredible that people would be dying to watch the screenplay. I want our whole KCF community to live out a story so amazing this upcoming school year that we'll think it's a dream, but it's actually a reality.

There are some key components to a great story and if you're curious as to what they are, I'll let you brainstorm or read the book. All I know is that I want my life to be a great story and I want my students and MacKCF to create and live a great story this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment