Tuesday, July 26, 2011

All we need is love...

It's been 6 weeks since I've returned from Bangladesh. I've had time to rest, but I've also had time to think. And through it all, God has been faithful and speaking very clearly to me, but very patiently too. In the past 2 weeks, He's showing me how I need to work on loving others, especially those who are hard to love.

This is scary, but it's also exciting. It's something I've struggled with for a long time and I always admire my friends who are so loving to everyone they meet. I want to be like that, I want to be love because God first loved us. I don't want to withhold love. I want it to change relationships and change the world.

I don't want to love someone because they are lovable or they do something to deserve my love. I want to love because that's what we do as Christians. This will be hard, but I can foresee numerous opportunities to learn this lesson. This is definitely very gracious of God, and for that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment